Gas Leaks from my Magazine
Leaking gas magazines are normally a result of O-rings drying out and not creating a perfect seal.
There are a few reasons why this may have happened:
- Stored in cold conditions
- Used gas without silicon
- Discharging the magazine when not in the pistol or gun
- Storing magazines over time without a small amount of gas in
There are a few things you can do to fix a leaking mag and here are some tips on how to preserve your magazines and fix them if they’re leaking.
- If your fill valve is leaking, remove the valve with a valve removal tool, or if you’re really careful a small flathead screwdriver. Fill a plastic Ziploc bag with a small amount of silicone oil. Submerge the valve in the oil and let it sit overnight. If you re-install the valve and the gun still leaks, it may be time to inspect the valve for damage and replace it if necessary.
- Try some maintenance gas in your magazine overnight, maintenance gas has a much higher amount of silicon and may work without you removing your O-Rings.
- To ensure a functioning magazine does not develop leaks, store the magazine with some gas. This keeps pressure on the seal to ensure that they work correctly.
- If your magazine is still leaking and finding replacement O-Rings is impossible then it may be time for a new magazine.
If you have any questions about this FAQ please contact us at Just Airsoft Guns USA.